Family law, Adoption, Guardianship, and Estate Planning
Shareholder Arthur Saito manages our Astoria office. He has practiced law in Oregon for twenty years. Before joining Stahancyk, Kent & Hook, Arthur worked at a private law firm in Hillsboro, Oregon, and then for St. Andrew Legal Clinic’s Washington County branch office, where he provided legal representation in the areas of domestic relations, adoption, and estate planning.
Salem, OR · J.D.
Long Beach, CA · Coursework toward M.A. History
Claremont, CA · B.A. History
San Dieguito, CA; Vista High School · Vista, CA
Arthur is a former Director and Secretary for the Washington County Bar Association.
Awards and Achievements
- 2010-2019 ·Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers
- 2016-2017 · Washington County Bar Association, President’s Award,
- 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 · Pro Bono Honor Roll, Oregon State Bar
- 2009 –Rising Stars, Super Lawyers
- 2009 –St. Andrew Legal Clinic – Race for Justice – Largest Team Award – Coordinator
- 2008 –St. Andrew Legal Clinic – Race for Justice Largest – Team Award – Coordinator
- 2007 · Pro Bono Honor Roll, Oregon State Bar
- 2002 · Pro Bono Challenge, Oregon State Bar
- 2000 · St. Matthew Legal Clinic, Night Clinic Volunteer of the Year
- 1995 · Multnomah County Volunteer Lawyers Project, Outstanding Service Award,
In 2009 and 2008 Arthur inspired members of the SK&H community to turn out for the St. Andrew Legal Clinic Race for Justice. Arthur’s efforts garnered SK&H the Largest Team Award two years in a row. He also received the Night Clinic Volunteer of the Year Award from St. Matthew Legal Clinic in 2000 and was awarded an Outstanding Service Award from the Multnomah County Volunteer Lawyer’s Project in 1995.
Arthur’s interests include U.S. history and collecting Asian antiques. See Antiques Home Show (How Arthur Saito came to steward an Asian art collection), Super Lawyers Oregon 2019 article.