Phone: (541) 447-9115
Fax: (541) 416-0798
105 SW Beaver St. Prineville, Oregon 97754

Prineville Office

Our Prineville office sits in a quaint area of town, just a few blocks off the main road. The office prides itself on its comfortable setting. Friends and family members routinely stop by, and some type of dessert always seems to be baking in the oven. Every summer we host a party for the Crooked River Roundup out of the Prineville house.

Street parking is available.


Prineville, founded in 1868 by Barney Prine, was incorporated in 1880 under the leadership of Monroe Hodges, and is the oldest incorporated town in Central Oregon. Prineville is located on the beautiful Crooked River and lies almost exactly in the center of Oregon.

Originally a ranching town, Prineville has never strayed far from its roots, although it had a large part to play in the growth of the Oregon timber industry. The rugged frontier mentality of Prineville has inspired many innovators over the last hundred and twenty years. For instance, Les Schwab Tires started in Prineville and expanded to a nationwide chain. This spirit of entrepreneurship and self-reliance, passed down through the generations of Prineville citizens, inspires Jody Stahancyk, who was born and raised in Prineville.

Original view of the Prineville House, 1917

The view of the property in this photo was taken in 1917. It shows a view of the house lot from the street. In the 1920s, Jody Stahancyk’s grandparents, Jozef and Anna Stahancyk, converted the property into apartments where many people lived under their ownership until they sold the house.

In the 1960s, Anna Stahancyk sold the house to her son Joe and a doctor by the name of Tom Matheson. They continued to house many boarders until a devastating fire destroyed the house and it was subsequently torn down. However, a few local citizens, with the blessing of Joe Stahancyk, salvaged some of the wood and other remnants.

The 1980s saw Jody Stahancyk and her sister as new owners of the property. However, in the early 1990s, they traded the property for land from their father, Joe.
The current structure was built in 1994 and is a gorgeous piece of modern craftsmanship that retains old charm. Many gatherings and events are held at the house annually, most notably Stahancyk, Kent & Hook’s rodeo party which is hosted every June and attracts hundreds of friends of the firm. The party coincides with the Crooked River Roundup.

With Joe’s passing in 2004, the Prineville location came under the wing of our Bend office. One can frequently find SK&H staff and attorneys working out of the Beaver Street house to serve the needs of the Prineville community.


Crook County
300 NE Third Street
Prineville, Oregon
Phone: (541) 447-6541
Handicap entrance on the south side of the building.
Parking: Street parking available on Third Street and Court Street. The Courthouse parking lot is located behind the Courthouse, main entrance off of 3rd Street.
Deschutes County Justice Building
1100 NW Bond
Bend, Oregon 97701
Phone: (541) 388-5300
Parking: Street parking available on Bond.
Jefferson County
75 SE C Street - Suite C
Madras, Oregon 97741
Phone: (541) 475-3317
Handicap entrance on the south side of the building
Parking: Parking lot located behind the courthouse.

Click here for a list of all the courthouses in Oregon.