The Eugene office of Stahancyk, Kent & Hook is located in downtown Eugene at 834 Pearl Street, near the Lane County Circuit Court and Wayne Morse Federal Court.
This green city, at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, near the confluence of the McKenzie and Willamette rivers, is surrounded by foothills and forests to the south, east, and west, while to the north consists of mostly farmland.
Formally incorporated as a city in 1862, it was named Eugene in 1889.
The building that’s home to SKH’s Eugene office is right in the heart of downtown; just blocks from Eugene’s most prominent hotels, two blocks to the recently expanded 5th Street Market and Kesey Square and blocks to the Hult Center for the Performing Arts. The building itself has a rich and varied history. Actually two buildings (one fronting Pearl St, the other fronting Park St) they were joined together by a third two story structure sometime in the late 1970s or early 80s. Half of the alley in between the buildings was retained and enclosed to make a peaceful interior courtyard. The Stahancyk Kent and Hook office has big windows looking out on this courtyard that contains a 16-foot maple tree and features a native Pacific Northwest/Japanese-stye design. One side of the building—built around 1930—may have been either originally a blacksmith, or that was potentially what occupied the lot before the building. The Pearl Street entrance side was originally built after WWII and was an auto parts store. More recently, the building has been used as offices. A notable owner was the law firm of Jaqua and Wheatley Law—John Jaqua being Nike’s original attorney and a close friend of Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight. Bill Wheatley was well-known as one of Oregon’s best trial attorneys during his long career.
The entire building is about 7,000 square-feet and the second floor, which is one contiguous professional office space, is about 3,500. It has two dedicated glass walled conference rooms, and one extra convertible conference room. Several rooms, including the reception area, have exposed board formed concrete walls. The overall design is clean, bright, and modern, with some fun industrial elements thrown in.
The Lane County Courthouse is 1 block from the front door and 1/2 block from the back door. The back door lets out onto the public plaza that hosts the weekly farmer’s market and Saturday Market. The Wayne Morse Federal Courthouse is visible from the front door and second floor windows and is 2.5 blocks away.
Eugene, OR 97401
Click here for a list of all the courthouses in Oregon.