Looking for a seasonal seafood salad? Look no further; here’s a recipe for a delightful and versatile California dish. Feel free to try it with all crab or all shrimp!
- 4 eggs
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon – cut into wedges, for garnish
Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water and let cool. Then peel and chop.
Evenly divide the lettuce, cucumbers, crab, shrimp, avocado, tomatoes and eggs between four salad plates.
Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, chili sauce, relish, and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Spoon dressing over the salad and garnish with parsley and lemon.