- Pumpkin Seeds
- Canola Oil
- Warm spices (cinnamon, allspice, ginger, cayenne, clove)
- Soak the seeds in lukewarm water to loosen the flesh off of the pumpkin. Rub seeds, and rinse in a colander, until all pumpkin is off seeds.
- Spread seeds out on sheet trays, leave out to dry for 5-8 hours.
- Preheat over to 275.
- Put oil in a pan and sauté the seeds until fully coated. Add spices (to taste) and cook on low until they are getting warm and start crackling.
- Put back on sheet tray, cook until golden brown (takes around 5 hours).
- Put in food processor, pulse a couple of times.
Put on top of soups, salads, pasta, etc!