- 1.5 parts Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1.5 parts White Wine Vinegar
- 2 parts Water
- 1 Part Sugar
- Selection of Whole Spices (Cinnamon, Clove, Allspice, Nutmeg, Bay Leaf, etc.)
- Make Brine: Heat all of the ingredients together until sugar dissolves. Let cool slightly (about 20 minutes).
- While the brine is on heat and cooling, prepare the pears.
- Leave skin on pears, cut them in half
- Use a melon baller to de-core the pears
- Pull out the bottom stem center (you can leave stem top on if you’d like)
- Face the pears up, lightly salt them
- Pour cooled brine over pears
- Put parchment over pears and put weight on, to ensure fully submerged
- Leave out in room temp for 6-10 hours
- Refrigerate for up to a month