Break out the grill and try this dish that’s simple and sure to impress.
- 6 brined grape leaves (from a jar), rinsed and stemmed
- Two 6-ounce halibut fillets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Garlic clove, mashed to a paste
- 1 Anchovy fillet, mashed
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 8 Slices of rustic French bread, baguette, or ciabatta
- 1/2 Small red onion, thinly sliced
Light a grill.
Arrange 3 of the grape leaves so they’re overlapping; repeat with the remaining leaves. Set the fish on the leaves and season with salt and pepper. Enclose the fish in the leaves and brush each fillet with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil.
In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the garlic, anchovy, herbs and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, toss the tomatoes with the onion and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil; Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the bread slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the tomatoes flesh side down, and the onions until softened, about 4 minutes. Grill the bread slices 1-2 minutes on each side until toasty and slightly charred. Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes and, while hot, transfer it along with the tomatoes and onions to the lemon dressing and toss.
Grill the wrapped halibut over high heat, turning once, until it is just cooked, about 6 minutes. Serve with panzanella salad.