• 1-pound Italian plums (with pits)
• 1 Tablespoon roasted garlic
• Zest and juice of 2 lemons
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil (plus additional to preference)
• Sugar to taste
• Salt to taste
1. Wash plums.
2. Bring a medium sauté pan to medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
3. Pull the pan off the heat, add the plums with a pinch of salt, and allow the plums to roll around in the oil. Add sugar to your taste preference, depending on the sweetness of the fruit.
4. Continue rolling the plums until they begin to pop.
5. Pull the pits from the plums then blend with the roasted garlic and the zest and juice of 2 lemons.
6. Add additional olive oil until consistency and acidity is to your preference. Slowly add water if the mixture seems thick.