Crepes have no limits on creativity – they are easy to make and delicious to eat. Crepes may have a reputation for being a breakfast food or found at food carts, but savory crepes are an under appreciated food worth exploring. You can put anything inside your crepe; it’s an ideal meal for vegetarians and meat lovers. It’s also a perfect sized meal for lunch, or even an appetizer. Make them for yourself, your family, or your friends, but don’t keep the secret to yourself! Make sure to spread the word about the bliss that is the savory crepe.
10 in. Frying pan
1 cup Flour
1 ½ cup Whole milk
¼ tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Pepper
3 tbsp. Butter
– Use a 10 inch frying pan.
– In a blender, mix all ingredients except the butter.
– Blend on high for 1 minute or until everything is blended.
– Turn burner on medium-high heat.
– Melt ½ teaspoon of butter in warm pan.
– Add about ¼ cup of egg mixture in a pan and swirl into a circle.
– Cook until edges are golden brown.
– Turn and cook again until edges are golden brown.
– Continue until batter is done.
Ideas for Fillings:
– Spinach, garlic, farm cheese
– Asparagus, ham, cheese
– Squash, ricotta cheese
– Chicken, broccoli, cheese
– Tomato, basil, mozzarella cheese