It’s hard to beat a nice, warm soup on a cold February day. Enjoy this classic!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 chipotle pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
Sautée the oil and diced onion over low heat. As it heats, add the chipotle pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Stir together.
Add the salt, vegetable stock, your choice of frozen or fresh corn, tomato, shredded chicken, and lime juice. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat down to simmer and let stand for 20 minutes while occasionally stirring. Add the strips of tortillas and cook for 10 more minutes, adjusting seasoning to taste.
Serve with sour cream and cilantro. Enjoy!