- 9 inch store-bought frozen pie crust
- 2 cups pumpkin (see preparation notes for making from fresh pumpkin)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 tbs of your favorite whiskey
- 2 tbs of white rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- pinch ginger
- pinch nutmeg (fresh ground is best)
- pinch allspice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
Preheat oven to 375º. Cut pumpkin in half, scoop out innards, and place cut sides down on a cookie sheet. Bake for about 45 – 60 minutes or until meaty party is soft. Scoop out meat and use.
Whisk eggs thoroughly. 2 eggs will bring out the pumpkin flavor and give a more firm texture.
Whisk in remaining ingredients. Use an electric mixer on low if necessary. Pour into a 9 pie crust. Bake 35 – 45 minutes or until pie is firm. Cool completely on the rack. The pie can be refrigerated for up to 1 day. Serve cold or at room temp.
Don’t forget to whip up some fresh whip cream when you’re ready to serve. Use heavy whipping cream and two tablespoons sugar. Mix on medium with an electric mixer.
Serves 6 – 8
This recipe appears courtesy of Don A. Kruse.