Overview

Phone: (503) 222-9115
Fax: (503) 222-4037
2400 SW 4th Avenue Portland, Oregon 97201

Portland Office

Our Portland office is located in Duniway Plaza, a mid-century office structure with a classic theme, just south of PSU. We designed the space with the comfort of our clients foremost in mind, including private conference rooms, separate waiting rooms, large chairs, artwork from local artists, topical magazines and our famous kitchen. Parking is available in the office’s front and back lots.

History

In 1986, Jody Stahancyk started this firm after taking a few years off to raise her two children. Faced with numerous requests for advice from other parents when it came to their marriages, Jody knew family law was an area she wanted to be in. She quickly found herself a small office in the Morgan Building and began to build her practice. The Morgan Building, built in 1913, was designed by A.E Doyle, of Doyle, Patterson & Beach. The brick and terra cotta building was noted at the time for its use of open space allowing sunlight to flow in to parts of the building that would, with less innovative designs, not recieve daylight. Doyle designed many of Portland’s well known buildings, such as the Multnomah Library and the Benson Hotel. The Morgan Building is on the National Register of Historic Places. In 1992, with her firm growing smoothly it was time to move to a larger space. Again, Jody settled on a historic building to house her firm, Jackson Tower. Better known to many as, “that building in Pioneer Square with the clock on it.” Jackson Tower was designed as The Journal Building by James and Merrit Reid, as a home for the offices of The Oregon Journal. It is a prime example of beaux arts classicism style, featuring a raised first floor, etchings, sculptures, and impressive stylistic flourishes. The building was later named after the Journal’s publisher, C.S. Jackson and is now on the National Register of Historic Places. By March of 2002 the law firm had out grown our one floor of space in Jackson Tower. After an exhaustive search of possible properites in downtown, Portland, Jody Stahancyk decided that the firm needed a whole building. Howard Hedinger, a friend of Jody’s, purchased a building and named it Athena Plaza, in honor of Jody and her spirit. The building, originally built in 1982, was gutted and all the new plans were reviewed by Jody and her staff. With a great deal of work and planning finally complete, we moved in on April 1st, 2002. During the summer of 2012, the firm decided to bid farewell to its home of more than a decade, Athena Plaza. Jody and her firm discovered Duniway Plaza in the neighborhood just south of PSU’s downtown campus. Constructed in 1967, Duniway Plaza has been furnished with a mid-century theme in mind. The building has also been totally rejuvenated through the hard work of Lorentz Bruun. Just as with the firm’s last home, great care was put into making the space comfortable and welcoming for clients.

Courthouses

Clackamas County
807 Main Street
Oregon City, Oregon 97045
Phone: (503) 655-8627
Parking: Metered street parking
Multnomah County
1021 SW 4th Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97204
Phone: (503) 988-3957
Parking: Metered street parking
Marion County
100 High Street NE
Salem, Oregon 97301
Phone: (503) 588-5105
Parking: Metered street parking
Washington County
145 NE 2nd Avenue
Hillsboro, Oregon 97214
Phone: (503) 846-8888
The main entrance is on 145 NE 2nd Ave.
Parking: Metered street parking

Click here for a list of all the courthouses in Oregon.