- 2 Whole Chickens
- 1 Large Lemon
- 1½ Tablespoons of Onion Powder
- 1½ Tablespoons of Ground Cumin
- 1½ Tablespoons Paprika
- 1½ Tablespoons Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Pepper
1. Split the lemon and squeeze one half over each chicken. Stick the lemon halves into each cavity.
2. Combine the onion powder, ground cumin, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl with a whisk.
3. Take the seasoning rub you’ve just created and spread it evenly over both chickens.
4. Tie off each chicken with butcher twine.
5. Allow the chickens to remain out for 1 hour.
6. Turn on Traeger (Smoker). Turn on smoke for 15 minutes. Turn to high (400° to 450° F)
7. Cook chickens until they reach internal temp of 165°. (Approx. 1h15m — 1h45m)
Serves 6 – 8