- 4-6 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cups of White Rice
- 4 Sprigs of Oregano
- 5 Sprigs of Parsley
- 4 Sprigs of Thyme
- ½ Red Onion (diced)
- 1 Carrot (diced)
- 7 Lemons
- ½ Cup of Honey
- 3 Tablespoons of Garlic Powder
- 3 Tablespoons of Salt
- 3 Tablespoons of Black Pepper
- 2 Cups of Water
- 2½ Cups of Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 3 Tablespoons of Corn Starch
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add 2 cups of white rice to the bottom of a baking pan.
3. Lay the sprigs of of oregano, parsley, thyme and diced onion and carrot on top. Zest 1 lemon over this.
4. Add some salt and pepper to season the rice and aromatics.
5. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sear them in a hot sauce pan and place on top of the rice.
6. Add 2½ cups of stock. Cover and put inside the oven for 45 minutes.
7. In a separate pan juice and zest the remaining 6 lemons. Add 1 cup of water and ½ a cup of honey.
8. Set to boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt to season. Thicken with a corn starch slurry to get desired sauce consistency.
Serves 4 – 6